Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lack of sleep paying off?

There is one down side to the sleep training. You get less sleep. I know, doesn't make sense right? The point is you stop using all the "sleep crutches" or techniques you normally use to get your child to sleep. This way they can learn to fall asleep on their own. Anyway, one thing I can say for sure is the training is paying off. We had our biggest success this morning when Russell woke up in his crib and didn't cry a single year.
I've also noticed the consistency of his schedule making a huge difference. Now, he is asleep most night between 7-8 p.m. That used to be the biggest fight! I would spend hours trying to put him to sleep each night.
Another notice improvement would be putting him back to sleep at night. If I ever tried to lay him back in his crib before he was in a deep sleep he would wake up, thrash, and scream. Now I can pick him up for a minute and lay him down, rub his back for a minute and he's out! Success is in my future!!!! Even though I'm getting less sleep, I'm a much happier mommy with these changes and Russell is a much happier baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment